Friday, September 16, 2011

Stress


Hello friends. I am feeling less stressed today. That might be a lie, maybe my impending happiness is making me feel less stressed. I am working under pressure and that is just what I need. I feel more satisfied if I accomplish a load of stuff in a short amount of time. I slept like crap and woke up way before my alarm and immediately started my day. I wrote a resume that I couldn't print out. Then I re-wrote an old resume. I then woke my children and fed them and packed lunches and sent them out the door. Next task was myself. "make yourself look professional"-done. Black formal capris, pressed white shirt, hair neat, make up on, appropriate jewelry and nice shoes. By this point I am feeling hideous. Cramps, bloating, indigestion, nausea-nothing a cup of coffee and two tums won't fix. I then headed back to the computer to print the resume and re-google specific medical condition(not to be named here). I then head to the ED to brush up on my "standards of care" and grill every person I see on aforementioned standards. I then give my deposition.(not to be discussed here). Feeling slightly better, I head to my Mom's house. Of course she is not there. I kick off my shoes and decide I won't cry. I looked around and took alot of deep cleansing breaths and thanked God for my good fortune.  It's about 10:45. My Mom comes home and we go over IV insertion technique. Its kind of weird to do that with your Mom but whatever, my family is weird. Then- here comes the happiness- I helped her book my brother's plane ticket home. Do most people find such unadulterated joy in spending time with their siblings? I don't know. I think I may love my siblings disproportionately. It's true actually. We won't all be together. Missing one. Caitlin. Now I am crying typing this post. I never thought there would be a time when we weren't all together. I cried last night too when Aselyn was hunting high and low for Cait's cd. They listen to it every night when they go to sleep. I am a weiner. Tears are rolling down my cheeks. I have a ton of other stuff to type but I have to go and pick up the kids. I will get it together and post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment